I made these truffles by accident one day. I originally had planned to make the famous Oreo truffles, but when I opened the pantry I discovered that someone had eaten most of the Oreos….(insert eye roll here). So I saw the box of graham cracker crumbs and decided to give it a whirl. These little truffles are very addictive!
You will need:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (hold about 1/3 cup to the side if you wish to top truffles)
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package melting chocolate (my favorite is Candiquik, it’s so easy to melt and you can melt it right in the container)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs together in a bowl.
- using a table spoon, scoop out some of the mixture and roll it into a ball.
- After desired amount is made, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Follow melting instructions on package.
- Using two forks, dip and roll the ball mixture into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle remaining graham cracker crumbs before chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator after all chocolate hardens.